|Follow the White Rabbit, and try to figure out why a raven is like a writing desk.|
Dredd ReviewDredd Review by Kurvos
After the failed attempt in 1995 to adapt the Judge Dredd comics into a live action movie starring Sylvester Stallone only resulting in it being a dumb guilty pleasure at best, there was a big chance that would kill chances for a faithful adaptation to ever be produced. Everyone mainstream has viewed Judge Dredd as a joke over the years, in the same fashion people did with Batman after the Adam West TV Show. But just like with Tim Burton giving Batman a more serious dark take in 1989, a unknown director named Peter Travis gave us a more serious dark take on Dredd last year.
However, the first time I saw a trailer of it, I was very "meh, whatever" towards it, just viewing it as "yet another remake of a action movie". But then I realized... it isn't a remake at all. It's a re-imagining. And heck, it's rather low budget for a "high budget cinematic" movie. 30 million dollars... half as much as Predators costed, which was also considered a low budget cinematic action flick. That could only
Top 10 Most Unoriginal Movies Of All TimeTop 10 Most Unoriginal Movies Of All Time by Kurvos
I think a worse crime a movie can make than being bad is to literally have nothing new to give the audience. Might be a movie people still enjoy or even love - but since they just in the movie use what is always being used in movies, that means they do not need to think about how to make it and just automatically make them, soulless and feeling pointless to people like me.
It's all a matter of opinion maybe either way, but here we go.
10. The Shawshank Redemption
Not only do I think this is the most overrated movie of all time... but it's also incredibly unoriginal to me. It's just another prison break movie, with absolutely no new interesting twists. Yeah, it might have themes and questions in it people find interesting - but is it so wrong to have originality to go with it? It's really predictable, all the way through.
9. Van Helsing
You typecast Hugh Jackman to play the exact same character as in X-Men, but a vampire hunter instead... including havi
Got tagged! (Again)This time by my amazing watcher and poet, :iconRoverGirl:Got tagged! (Again) by darthfomalhaut
1. You must post these rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you, and create new questions for the people you tag to answer.
3. You have to choose peps to tag and post their icons on your journal.
4. Go to their pages and tell them you have tagged her/him.
5. Please don't tag-backs.
6. Don't do tagging section about "you are tagged if you're reading this." You have to tag specific people.
Okay, here we go!
1. It's the end of the world, what do you do? - Find someone to have sex with so I can't die a virgin
2. Ever watched Nostalgia Critic? - I used to; but after 3 to 4 months, it got really old really quick
3. Favorite sport? - I don't watch any sports, except if it's in movies!
4. Vegeta, Darth Vader or Dean Winchester? - Obviously Darth Vader! :iconDarthVaderplz: :iconsaysplz: You don't know the power of the Dark Side!
5. What chore will you avoid at all costs? - Anything that involves another human